Labels

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Music Planning

I have found two music themes on Youtube which I believe will suit my opening well.



Special Thanks to Fesliyan Studios for giving permission to recreate this music!!!


I think that the first music - Chase Scene Music - will suit the beginning of my opening really well and better than the music from the second video as it suits . This music should feature until the victim is killed. After that point a different music will be needed as the mood of the film would have changed. After the kill scene, the mood will change to an uncertain mood as the antagonist slowly realises that he hasn't killed anyone. This will be portrayed when he meets the jogger in the next scene. For this I have used the Fesliyan Studios again and found the following music. The only issue is that I think that the music will divert attention from the dialogue and body language, which is a key element of my second scene. I prefer the second video below because it creates more tension than the first and the first video does not suit the psychological horror genre as well as the second as I feel that it is too 'creepy'. This means that I will have to decrease the volume of the music relative to the dialogue. What I like the most about both musics is the ending, which I think will be appropriate for when the antagonist opens the car boot to find nothing inside. After that point, when the jogger says his final line, the screen blacks out and the title appears. At that point, I think a final drum beat will be useful to end the opening sequence. For this drum beat, I will take a 5 second clip from the third music video below.














No comments:

Post a Comment