Labels

Friday 9 January 2015

Font Planning



To produce these fonts I have searched through available fonts on Adobe Premiere Pro. Adobe Premiere Pro is a step up from Premiere Elements and I am able to change the colour and use various different tools on a font. For this reason I will not be analysing the colour. I don't think the HoboStd font is as good as the others due to its slant, which makes it look more appropriate for an old family thriller like Ghostbusters! As I do not want my audience to be thinking of Ghostbusters in the opening I won't be using that font. The soft edges of the font make it look inappropriate for a horror movie. I do like Nueva Yellow a lot, mainly due to how the colour intensity increases with height. The font has, in my opinion, a sense of mystery to it, which can relate to the antagonist's personality. In terms of the shape of the letters, I prefer the Tekton Pro font, which has a unusual style to it, making it more appropriate for horror. Caslon Red reminds me of The Thing due to the lighting on the font. I do, however, personally like this font a lot as I think that the lighting makes it appear that something is trying to break through. This can link well to how his madness develops throughout the film. I think my final choice for the font is between Caslon and Nueva mainly because I feel that the Tekton font seems to lack a certain element that the other two have. This element may due to its slightly darker colour, which can be changed. The final choice between Nueva and Caslon is a hard choice. However, the fading on the edge of the lettering in Caslon Red makes it more ideal than Nueva Yellow. The outer fading and brightness makes the font look see through to an extent, this contradicts the film title and is thereby a juxtaposition which causes the audience to question the font. This is ideal, as our target audience, Group B and C1, wants to be intellectually challenged in movies.
As a result I will use Nueva Yellow for all the credits and Caslon Red will be used for the film title as it suits the title name more.

No comments:

Post a Comment