Labels

Wednesday 19 November 2014

My Target Audience

Our Audience will be of Group C1 and B. This is because our film will make the audience think more than others, making the film ideal for an audience of a higher social status. As the film will show murders but will not be graphic, the age rating will be 15. This is also due to the film containing strong violence but mild language. The theme itself, a man committing murders, is not appropriate for younger audiences.

This audience wants to be intellectually challenged during a film so that they can engage with the film. As a result, I will make the film opening complicated to follow and understand so that my audience does not lose interest in the film.
As many people watch movies to solve their daily problems, I must first analyse what the common problems faced by my audience are. Considering that my audience have desk jobs or positions in middle management and teaching, they will often be stressed from their jobs. This again gives reason to have an intellectually challenging opening as the audience will become intrigued thus making them forget about their stress.
It is important to not bore my audience as this will compound upon their stress resulting in them turning off the film. First I must understand how my audience will be bored as different people find different things boring. A higher class audience are likely to find special effects boring in comparison to educated dialogue, which would explain the film and characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment