Labels

Saturday 13 December 2014

My Production Company

I have based my production company on that of BENDERSPINK because it is the production company of psychological horrors and I thought it would be a good idea to use it as a target.
I though of Mind Movies because my film is a Psychological horror and therefore my production company should somehow relate to that. The first thought that I came up with was brain and then mind. I chose mind for the sole reason that it starts with the same letter as movies resulting in the name sounding better as it is interlinked. I then struggled to find a format to present the production company and after my initial fails,the first one is in my media pitch and the second is on the right. Having then completed my Production company research I decided to base mine around that of Benderspink's and I came up with the image below. The blood splattering is useful as it links the production company to the horror genre and as a result the production company image is linked to both the psychological, and horror, aspect of the film industry. As the splatter and font is black, which is associated with darkness and the night, the audience will link the production company with death and evil, and finally horror. I think that having the splatter black rather than red allows it to blend with the font more and make it more eerie by suggesting to the viewer that the production company is linked with the black death and evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment