Labels

Monday 23 March 2015

Evaluation Activity 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product.


I learnt a lot from the production of my preliminary task to the production of Opaque Psycho. The main difference was in the planning. My storyboard was more detailed than that in the preliminary task and in the filming, the storyboard was vital in helping me to remember where the actors should stand and in keeping constant continuity. The script I produced as well as my filming schedule also helped as it reminded me which scenes should be shot first and what the actors were required to say. My camera work was also a lot better and this is evident through the change in tracking shots between tasks. In the preliminary task, I had two tracking shots, one was of the boss' feet walking towards the door and the other was of the hit man dragging the victim through the door. In both of these tracking shots, I could not keep up with the movement of the characters. In Opaque Psycho, a tracking shot is present of the antagonist carrying the victim's body away. with this tracking shot, I was able to keep up with the movement and the camera movement itself was smoother. I also used a greater variety of shots in my Main Task, which included a tilt shot and many high and low angle shots.


In the preliminary task there are some continuity errors.

  1. At 14 seconds, the boss stops at the table with his left hand on his chest, but as the shot changes, his left arm is by his side.
  2. At the very beginning when the boss is walking towards the door, the shot switches and the boss is visually further from the door than before.
  3. At 36 seconds the hit man's left hand is holding the sheet with some fingers underneath the paper. When the shot changes, all his fingers are on top of the sheet.
In Opaque Psycho I have actually used continuity errors to establish the psychological element and the state of the antagonist's mind.

The image on the right shows two editing techniques that I have used in the production of Opaque Psycho. The left column shows a dissolve while the column on the right shows a fade to black transition. In my preliminary task, I did not use any editing techniques as I only used simple basic transitions between shots.
On the right are some of the shots that I used in my Main Task, which consist of a point of view shot, mid shot, close up, tilt, pan, high angle shot, low angle shot. All of these were used in my main task and are shown in the nine frames above.

The top four images on the right show shot reverse shots being used. The next two images show match on action as the character is facing the same direction and the door is still open. The six images below show the 180 degree rule as, with the images on the right, the camera is always viewing the characters from the left. The images on the right also follow this rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment