Labels

Friday 20 March 2015

Evaluation Activity 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the process of constructing Opaque Psycho, I have used various different technologies which vary from complex editing software to the simpler walkie-talkies. For filming I used a bridge camera and stand to produce High Definition shots with good sound quality. The camera was very important as it improved the quality of the actual shots and resulted in the audience being able to understand and follow the opening better. Due to having a psychiatrist interview describing the opening, it was necessary to create a voice over for the film. For this I recorded the antagonist's voice with a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I recorded my own voice using headphones and Audacity to record and edit. However, for the knife stab, I used sound from my youtube video which was filmed with the bridge camera. I also used walkie-talkies to communicate with the actors who were behind the corner, during the filming of the first few shots. This saved valuable SD card memory and allowed me to film more before having to transfer the videos to my memory stick. By using walkie-talkies I also saved valuable battery life. My editing software, Adobe Premier Pro, was the most vital technology that I used in the production of Opaque Psycho as I used the software to edit the video and to create my opening titles. I also had to use a computer to run the editing software. As my own computer does not have enough memory and is slow, I used a school computer to run the program, also due to it already having the program installed. During the production of Opaque Psycho, I think that no matter how poor acting is, if editing is good, it can overshadow the acting and you can finish with a good product. For this reason, editing software was highly important in producing Opaque Psycho.


On the right is an image of me using a walkie-talkie to communicate with the actors and having my camera and stand set up and ready to start recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment